Monday, July 25, 2011

Chocolate Chip Goodness!


I received a recipe a few weeks ago from a friend and it's called: "The Famous Chocolate Chip and Walnut Cookie." With a name like that you know that is has to be amazing to bite into, right?! Well take a look at these ingredients...

Wet Ingredients
1 C Butter (room temp)
1 C White Sugar
1 C Brown Sugar
2 Eggs (room temp)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Dry Ingredients
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 C Flour
2 C Oatmeal (Quick 1 Minute)

But wait there's more... most important part.
1 bag  of Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 C Chopped Walnuts

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

1. Combine dry ingredients and mix in one bowl, set aside.
2  In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Add eggs one a time to creamed butter and mix.
4. Add vanilla to wet ingredients and mix.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Stir in chocolate and walnut.

Side note: When I first went shopping for the chocolate chips I couldn't find Ghirardelli so I settled for another popular brand. Then a few days later I went to another store and the Ghirardelli. And let me just tell you there is a difference. A difference in size and more importantly in taste.

7. Form golf ball size balls and gently press down.

This is what happens when you press down to hard... oops.

Bake 9-11 minutes. And finally enjoy! They make a perfect late night snack. As you can tell my kitchen is dark, I was sneaking a few before bedtime... shhh don't tell Mr. Uncluttered.


This recipe makes a whole lotta cookies... 36 to be exact.


Thanks for visiting... till next time.

I'm linking this to:

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment