Monday, August 1, 2011

Shrimp Southern Style

Do you love Emeril Lagasse? I love Emeril and this past week I made one of his recipes that I just have to share with you. I've made it before but that was before blogging.

I made Shrimp Creole. Oh my word, it is delicious and spicy. Yum-o-licious!!! I did link the recipe on Food Network, but it's slightly different than the original one that I used. This is the one that I made.


Shrimp Creole
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 large onions, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cps seafood/shrimp stock
1 (28 oz) can whole tomatoes, in thick puree
dash Worcestershire sauce
dash hot sauce
2 bay leaves
kosher salt/black pepper (to taste)
2 lbs large shrimp
4 Tbsp green onions


1. Season shrimp with Essence (see recipe below) and set aside.


2. Heat heavy dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil. Cook garlic, onions, celery and green peppers. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cayenne and let caramelize.

3. Add stock, tomatoes, Worcestershire, hot sauce and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 35 minutes.

4. Add shrimp and cook about 4 minutes more, until they are bright pink and cooked through. Garnish with green onions and remove bay leaves. (Before I add the shrimp I cut up the tomatoes with kitchen shears.)


Emeril's Essence ***

  • 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme
***You can make a batch and set aside. I just seasoned the shrimp with seasoning individually.


Thanks for visiting... till next time.


I'm linking this to:
Tutorials and Tips Party - Home Stories A2Z

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment