Monday, July 18, 2011

A Makeover For Frances

Just a little makeover I worked on the weekend... Oh and by the way, her name is Frances. I'm still learning how to take proper before photos... when I realized I didn't have any before photos this is what I got.

Yes, I know she's upside down, she was getting a light sanding. 

And here is the final look. I have no idea what the name of the color is, its a mistint with no name on it. Oh, and it exterior latex house paint. My guess is that it should be more durable than interior paint. 

Check out the hardware. Mr. Uncluttered is not too delighted with them, but I adore them. A little bit of modern to go with the modern color on a vintage desk.

I reeeeeeally like shape of this handle.

The distressing continues to the back of the desk.


I debated between painting or staining the top, staining won out. The top is stained Dark Walnut by Minwax. No staging for this piece, she's going up for sale.

Thanks for visiting... till next time.

I'm linking this to...
Meta Monday - BNOTP
Amaze Me Monday - Dittle Dattle
Just Something I Whipped Up - The Girl Creative
Creative Blogger Party - Homemaker On A Dime
Twice Owned Party - House of Grace
Sizzle into Summer - DIY by Design
Wow Us Wednesday - Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday - Primitive & Proper
Power of Paint - Domestically Speaking
Show and Tell Friday - My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday - Miss Mustard Seed

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment