Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Family of Owls Makeover

I've gotten a few requests to see the family of owls with their final makeovers from my spray paint mishap post. It took a day or two to finish them. You'll never believe how many times I had to use my little steel wool tip to fix my many goof ups. But at last they are done. I haven't found a permanent place for them yet, but its just a matter of time.

Before I show them to you, I have to tell you why I decided to keep them. Here on the ranch we have an owl box that actually has a family of screeching owls (not a technical term even though it should be). Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but of course they make the huge maple tree in our front yard they perch at night. Also not a problem except for the fact that each and every single time they take flight they screech at the very top of their lungs. They have lungs like opera singers.

Sooooooooo every night of my life here on the ranch I fall asleep to the dreadful pleasant songs of these dear owls. Therefore I figured I would bring these very silent owls home hoping they would teach the others how to master the art of being quiet. I"ll let you know how it works out for me, but to be honest I'm not holding my breath. ;)

Now, that you have the back story here is the transformation. Before, cute but ordinary.

Sometime the road to transformation can be a rough one.

After is always worth the effort, at least that's what I've been told.


I really like this photo. Each of the owls appear to be different shades of khaki, which is the color I used.


Thanks for visiting... till next time.

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment