Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Change Is Brewing

I've received some wonderful additions to my home office, all of which were given to me. Yes, I'm grinning ear to ear. Would you like to know what they are?

1. Chair and matching ottoman
2. Antique oak table on casters
3. Singer sewing machine

I'm uber excited about each new addition, but the sewing machine definitely tops the list. So, all these new additions have prompted me to rearrange my home office to make everything fit. Plus, I've been wanting to redo my gallery wall and this is just the boost I needed.

Let's start with the gallery wall. Initially, this is what it looked like.

Then, it looked like this.

I kept wondering why I was having such a hard time embracing the wall. Then it dawned me, it was visually too cluttered for my taste. Looking back, I like the first wall better, but I just couldn't live with it everyday. I don't consider myself a minimalist by any means. I just can not live with too much "stuff". 

So the after of the after of the after is very simple, understated and functional. That fits my personality best. Its good to learn, everything seen on other blogs can not implement in every home. 



Then in came the "new to me" chair and ottoman. I'm sure I will slipcover one day since its not in perfect condition but for now it works with the other blues in the room.

The bookcases were moved to this wall, which previously just had the inspirational words, next to the chair. This is now known as the library zone of the room. I find myself sitting here a lot in the evening, actually during the day too. :)

As you can tell Mya (aka Stoney) enjoys sitting in the new seat as well. (Sidenote: for those that read this blog, Mya is fully recovered from her surgery and her staples were removed today!)

Oh and lets not forget the best addition to the whole room. Que the drum roll please... This sewing machine is for beginners, I do have some experience sewing but not much. I'll let you know what I think of it.

And what is she resting on? Check out them legs... sexy beast!

There is still much work to be done on this side of town. Take down pictures, put up shelving, get some organizing accouterments... oh and a chair. I might want to sit down while I sew. 

Well, folks that's all for now. I must get back to my bathroom redo.

Till next time.

I'm linking this to:
Transformation Thursday - Shabby Chic Cottage
Open House Party- No Minimalist Here

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment