Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What Happened To The Microwave?

I'm sitting here trying to come up with a snazzy post for a simple plate redo and I am drawing a complete blank. (Maybe I should turn off the Laker game.) What to type... what to type? Well I guess I should just start at the beginning... (sounding all dramatic.)

Trust me there is no drama here. It was simply a plate that I had sitting around. No, not a dinner plate. It was a microwave plate... is that what they're called? You know, the plate that comes in the microwave and turns. Somehow I pickup an extra plate but I'm missing the microwave. I couldn't see throwing it away so I repurposed it with a little redesign. Besides its not the standard round plate its square.



Initially I thought I was going to decoupage this cute paper to the bottom of the tray and utilize the glass top.

However, there was one minor problem. The writing underneath would show through, but beyond that I wanted to cover up the pebbly finish.

To get a perfect fit, I flipped the plate over and used the raised edge to measure.

Then I used a straight razor to get a perfect cut.

And here it is all decoupaged and done. Kinda cute, right.

I haven't decided exactly where to put it but it may go on the buffet in the background. Or it could go on ut the wall, or it go on a table to hold candles or... the possibilities are endless.

Oh and even if you're looking at the back, its still a pleasing sight thanks to double sided scrapbook paper. :)

Till next time.

I'm linking this to:
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday - Delightful Order
Hooking Up with HOH - House of Hepworth
\

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment