Sunday, April 24, 2011

Faux what?

I have been away for what seems like an eternity. First, there was the whole leaving my camera in another city. Then last week we were on vacation in Las Vegas, NV. Good times!


We stayed at a beautiful resort for a few days, The M Resort. The hotel was gorgeous. The weather was perfect, about 81 degrees everyday. And of course the view was to die for. This is from our hotel room, looking at the strip. As you can tell this resort is off the strip. Its a different world away from the strip, more relaxed.

Doesn't this look like a picture taken in the Bahamas?

But I was most fascinated with something I failed to take a picture of... the faux duvet cover. This picture is a result of my Google search. I didn't find a picture of the faux duvet exactly, but of the bed. (It was quite comfy, I might add.)

I'm sure your looking at the bed like what's the big deal. Looks like just a regular duvet, right?! Oh yes, they had me fooled until it was bedtime. What is this? Hmm, its not a duvet at all. The comforter is simply between to flat sheets, that's interesting. 

Then I'm sitting back at home and it hits me like a ton of bricks. OH NO THEY DIDN'T! Two sheets!!!! The down comforter is sandwiched between two flat sheets... and they are not even sewn together!!!  GENIUS! Why didn't I think of that. 

How often you could change the look of your room? Just change the top sheet and you have a new look. Pets get on the bed... no problem, throw the top sheet in the wash when you change your linens. I'm telling you people, they are on to something BIG! I am sooooo doing that in my bedroom.

You may not be as excited as I am, but I have a Cal-King and duvet covers are not cheap people! This is going to save me ton of moolah. Mr. Uncluttered should be happy as happy as I am. ;)

Till next time.

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment