Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mirror, Mirror On The... Dresser

The bathroom in our rental is small... I'm talking tiny. There's room for one person and one person only in front of the mirror and/or sink at a time. I mean I can't even think about brushing my teeth at the same time as Mr. Uncluttered, because its going to be baaaaad situation! With that said, I'm often left waiting to "put my face on", which in turn makes us late for almost everything... you can't rush perfection (HA, yeah right).


Anywho, in comes this so sad mirror.
 

This what happens when I remove the binder clip... oops!

Told you it was sad, but the ugly duckling got a makeover starting with these:

I thought that I would be finished once I coated it in Oil Rubbed Bronze so I added a coat of sealant... or so I thought... what's wrong with this picture????

Remember when the crackled finish was all the rage... well I grabbed the wrong can and this is what I get for not paying attention. What to do... what to do???

Paint over it! Can you see the crackle coming through? I can. (BTW, the paint is not yellow, its a creamy white.)

So I made lemonade out of lemons. I distressed it. It really helped the details stand out. Not so one dimensional anymore.

After a few passes of some steel wool the crackle looks intentional.

Here it sits on my dresser.


Thanks for visiting. Till next time.

I'm linking to these parties:
Meta Monday - BNOTP 
Amaze Me Monday - Dittle Dattle 
DIY Project Parade - The DIY Showoff
Motivate Me Monday - Keeping It Simple
White Wednesday - Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday - Savvy Southern Style
Power of Paint - Domestically Speaking
Delightfully Inspiring - Delightful Order

Inspiration Friday - At the Picket Fence

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment