Thursday, March 10, 2011

Table for coffee... or tea

Soooo... this is a coffee table I found at a garage sale during this past summer. It was $5, not bad. I knew when I bought it, an update was imminent.


The finish on her was quite... uh... ugly. And most of the surfaces were not even real wood... what's up with that??? Then add the fact that the two outside "drawers" were pieces of wood glued to the front and the cross bar at the bottom drove me nuts.

So I dismantled her to take off the bar in between the legs. 

To not be real wood, she had a lot of weight to her... or maybe I'm just a weakling. Anywho, I carried her to the garage for some patch and paint work.



I decided to paint the top of her green and the rest of her black... this is what she looked liked when she was all done.
The more and more I looked at her the more I didn't like her. It was too much of a contrast for me. So back to garage we go for a redo of the redo.


Now I likey... I really likey. :)

She needed to be lightened up. On the top I used Barrel by Valspar, its part of their Craftsman Bungalow series, (I also have this on the ceiling in my living room where the table is going) on the rest of her I mixed 15 parts Dover White by Do It Best and 1 part Winter Wheat by Valspar and came up with a nice creamy white. Because of first coat of black you can see some it through the distressing and I really like that. Sometimes an oops can turn into a good thing... sometimes. Now that I think about it, this cost only $5... because I already had the paint! Score one for me!


After all this painting I'm ready for some tea... anybody care to join me?


You can see the green ceiling in the background. I feel like I'm being cocooned in this room... the best feeling ever... many naps are taken in this room.

Thanks for visiting, next time please stay for tea.

I'm linking this to:

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment