Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ranch Tour and Bunkhouse

I have mentioned in previous posts that Mr. Uncluttered and I rent a 1920s bungalow on 50 acres. In case you were wondering, we don't farm the 50 acres, we just simply enjoy the peace and quiet associated with living in a rural area. Even though right now we are not enjoying the gas prices we pay after driving into the city to shopping. But that's not what this post is about.


Shortly after we moved in I went searching for some type of date stating when the house was built. I found it on the foundation for the original tank house, which would have been built first for the water supply. Can you see, it says 1921. The house was built a few years after that. 

Well, a lot of the original structures are still standing on the property and I wanted to share with you some of the rustic charm that we enjoy everyday. Here is the tank house, it sits directly behind our house and says, "hello!" every morning.


To me, when I look at the way certain objects are stationed they are begging for a close-up. Like this wheelbarrow, do you think it was intentionally left in that position? I promise you I did not put it there, but I will take the picture. Sometimes the simplest things grab my attention... go figure.


Behind our garage there is... umm... "retired" farm equipment. But if you look really close it can become art.

These are the biggest wheels I have ever seen!


The biggest chain I have ever seen. What could this have possibly gone to?!


These next few photos are the true inspiration for this post. I received an email from the owner of the 50 acres we live on about one particular rustic structure on the property, the bunkhouse. It just so happens to be connected to our garage.

The owner asked for my assistance in helping to clear out some of the clutter. How much could there be? So I decided to take a sneak peek. Can I see in the windows?

Let's try the other window.

Ok, that's really not much help... let's just open the door.

Hmmm... I guess they do have a little bit of clutter to clear out. Stay tuned. There will be lots of vintage furniture and antiques coming out of this 1920's bunkhouse. Should be fun. Till next time.

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment