Monday, March 7, 2011

Oh for the love of paint!

Back in February I joined Toni's (A Bowl Full of Lemons) create a launch pad challenge.  At the end of the challenge the wood brackets I used to hold up the shelf were... getting the job done but that's about all. Plain... Unfinished... Blah... 



They definitely needed to be attended to.  First I applied primer. Then I broke out some paint that I used in the kitchen called Grayed Jade by Do-it Best. Cute but boring. So I broke out some more paint that I used in my office called Winter Wheat by Valspar and dry brushed them. Next I mixed white primer with the Grayed Jade and dry brushed some more... nope not satisfied yet. Then I dry brushed again with just the primer. By now it so dark outside that I can't tell if I like them or not... so I went to bed. (Maybe I should have taken a picture of each step, but I really didn't think it was going to be so involved.)


Anyway, the next morning I walk out and think... hmm, kinda cute. Then Mr. Uncluttered walks out and says, "What happened? You're not done yet, are you?" I think to myself, "Well I guess not!" 


So I stand there with my head tilted, you know the look your dog gives you when he/she is trying to understand what in the world you're talking about... that was me looking at the brackets. What else could I do??? Ah ha! 80 grit sandpaper and Restore-A-Finish in Mahogany.  Here is the final product. I think the Restore-A-Finish gave it more depth.What do you think?








I even painted the edge of the shelf.








I'm linking this to:
Metamorphosis Monday - Between Naps on the Porch
Power of Paint - Domestically Speaking
Wow Us Wednesdays - Savvy Southern Style
White Wednesday - Faded Charm Cottage
Transformation Thursday - The Shabby Chic Cottage
100 Ideas Under $100 - Beyond the Picket Fence
Inspiration Friday - At the Picket Fence
Frugal Friday - The Shabby Nest






Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment