Monday, May 2, 2011

Nail Head Trim Message Board

Last week I was inspired by a post from Janell at Isabella & Max Rooms. She posted a DIY message board with nail head trim. It was absolutely divine and I just had to have one. Thankfully I had all the materials on hand that I needed to put my spin on it.

- Drop cloth remnant
- Nail head trim
- Old wood board
- Batting
- Hammer
- Staple gun

Since Janell posted a tutorial I didn't feel the need to duplicate the effort. I basically followed the same steps using a wood board and adding 4 layers of batting instead of cork board.

I also didn't "frame" the board in nail head trim, I put it on the top and bottom of the board and added our last name initial. I must admit it was a bear trying to hammer the nail heads into the wood in a straight line. Ugh... its going to take some practice, but I will not be deterred.



I added it to my very eclectic gallery wall and I've started putting the board to good use.


Thanks for visiting... till next time.

I'm linking this to:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday - Coastal Charm
Wow Us Wednesday - Savvy Southern Style
White Wednesday - Faded Charm
Transformation Thursday - The Shabby Chic Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring - Delightful Order
Inspiration Friday - At the Picket Fence

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment