Friday, May 27, 2011

Let Me Introduce Barbara


Introducing Barbara... 

This is a desk that was unearth from the bunkhouse project. She's from the 1940s and was given to my client by a family member. She has eight drawers with original hardware, the drawer on the lower right can be modified to hold file folders. I named her Barbara because it was the third most popular name of the 1940s according to the Social Security Administration website... I figured it was fitting.

This is how she started out. She was very stressed.. I'm mean distressed, but not in a good way.


She got a good sanding and her body received a few coats of Meadow by Valspar. The top was refinished with Minwax PolyShades in Antique Walnut Satin. All requested by my client. Here are a few highlights before she goes to her new home.

I love the rope trim. It goes all the way around the top.



Thanks for visiting... till next time.

I'm linking this to:
Meta Monday - BNOTP
Wow Us Wednesday - Savvy Souther Style
Power Of Paint - Domestically Speaking

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment