Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY!!!

It's been pretty quiet over here in Uncluttered land. Projects have just about come to a complete stand still and it's driving me crazy. Mr. Uncluttered will tell you I hate to sit still. I get bored real easy and I'm bored right about now.


Remember the tour I gave you of our 50 acres and a mule? OK, no mule but there was a bunkhouse at the end bursting with great vintage and antique furniture. Well, in order to start decluttering and accessing the goods I need to move everything out into the yard. But there has been one problem that I've run into everyday since two Saturdays ago... R-A-I-N! It has literally rained every stinking day since March 12th. And did I mention it's now March 23rd?!? And I'm not talking about sprinkles, oh no, I'm talking open the flood gates... someone one build me an ark kinda rain! Hence the stand still, since I can't really move precious antiques out to get rain on.

But, the morning before it started to rain I went in to see if there was anything that could be pulled out to work on in the house... Not too much, most of it is quite large, but I did get two benches a stool, and some wood shutters. Take a peek. 

Can you believe someone was just going to throw this one away? Uh No, don't think so. Just you like the lines on this?


Here's another. Still pondering idea's for this one.

I think this stool is darling just the way it is. Definitely handmade but the chipping periwinkle paint is adorable. I could totally see a child using this to brush their teeth at night. Precious.

I have an idea rolling around in the ol' noggin that involves a flat screen tv... we'll see if it works.

Today we had a brief break in the rain, long enough for me to do this... Oil Rubbed Bronze baby! She should be done tomorrow... but then again there is more rain coming.

Even Mya wants the rain to go away. She misses her walks because she doesn't like mud on her pretty white coat.


Till next time... hopefully that's sooner rather than later.

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment