Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dark vs Light 3 - The Battle is Over

In the previous two posts, I recounted for you a struggle that I was having within. This struggle was to step over to the light side or stay on the dark side. (For more detail read here and here) Well, I can tell you that the light side won this battle. I decided to paint the buffet white, mostly because my dining room is so dark and in desperate need of some light. 


I might add that this re-do only cost $12. Yes, its true... the buffet was given to me, I had all the materials to sand, prime and stain. The only thing I bought was the paint! Gotta love it in this economy (The hubby says, "You have to make a dollar out of 15 cents.")


This is what I started with...  let's just say she needed some work.



I sanded and refinished the top and made the rest of her look all pretty with paint and light distressing. 


I was going to spray the hardware oil-rubbed bronze, but I'm glad I didn't. When I put them  back on it just popped next to the white and I didn't have to do a thing.

Then she got all dressed for dinner... 



A few side-by-side before and after photos.





Hope you enjoyed the transformation as much as I did. Stay tuned for the rest of the dining room with Mahogany Board and Batten.


I am linking this to:
Metamorphosis Monday - Between Naps on the Porch
Power of Paint - Domestically Speaking
Wow Us Wednesdays - Savvy Southern Style
White Wednesday - Faded Charm
Transformation Thursday - The Shabby Chic Cottage
100 Ideas Under $100 - Beyond the Picket Fence
Inspiration Friday - At the Picket Fence
Frugal Friday - The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday - Miss Mustard Seed
Newbie Party - Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment