Monday, January 23, 2012

Serpentine Dresser Revealed... Finally

I'm so excited to finally be posting this. It's about a week overdue, but as they say... better late than never, right! I guess I could have posted it before now, but I don't think you would've enjoyed it with out pictures. So let's get on to the good stuff now that we have photos, yippee!

I was given a antique serpentine dresser about two years. (Wow, I hadn't realized it had been so long.) Initially, I decided to live with the original finish, but as it sat in our living room I was really getting the itch to refinish it. And we all know what happens when you get an itch...scratch, scratch baby!

Oh and about the before pictures... I often jump right into the project and forget to take before pictures. The same thing happened this time. This picture is midway through sanding, but at least the last drawer has the original finish.


If you remember about halfway through refinishing I came to a screeching halt. And I put out a call to blogland for opinions on how to finish the top. Thanks a million to all that responded. You certainly made the decision much easier.



Would you like to see the final results???



Ladies (and gents if you're out there) here she is. I'm so in love. No seriously, I'm head over heels for this piece. The grain on the drawer fronts has me so smitten. I smile every time I look at her. (Don't pay attention to the short curtains, they're still under construction.)

Let's get a close-up of the gorgeous grain. Oh and the mystery top. Ta-da! I painted the edge to frame out the drawers and then stained the top.

Check out the grain on the bottom drawer. I'm definitely glad I decided to stain instead of paint them.



There you have it folks. Let me know what you think of the end result.

Till next time... happy blogging!

I'm linking this to:
HOG IHeart Organizing
Domestically Speaking      Organize and Decorate Everything
  

Previous
Next Post »

Post a Comment